Associate of Christian Ministry (ACM)
A two-year degree program providing foundational training for a variety of ministry opportunities that will allow the student the opportunity to broaden his/her Biblical knowledge and Christian worldview.
The Associate of Christian Ministry degree is a 60-credit program, delivered online, requiring a minimum of 30 credits earned through TNIU courses. This program provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills required for ministry. This degree also represents the halfway point for those desiring to continue studying toward a Bachelors of Theology degree.
For both the ACM and BTh, course requirements are structured to ensure that student study encompasses a broad range of topics and approaches, with an appropriate balance maintained among the three curricular components that comprise a university education: Core, General Education, Theological Studies.
The New International University academic programs are designed for ministers, ministerial students, and those who are serious in their desire for a Biblical education. For those with previous undergraduate training, advanced academic placement through transfer of credit is possible. The overarching goals for the degree program are:
- A comprehensive knowledge of the Old and New Testaments.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the theological principles that serve as a foundation of the Christian faith.
- Relevant Biblical and theological principles in local ministry contexts
- An awareness and appreciation of the various areas of general education, including humanities and arts, social, behavioural and natural sciences, mathematics, oral and written communication, and computer skills.
- The appreciation and practice of lifelong learning.
- Effective participation in Christian ministry.
The Associate of Christian Ministry degree seeks to provide students:
- The opportunity for spiritual enrichment within a Spirit-filled ethos.
- The basic foundational understanding of Scripture.
- An understanding of the basic doctrines and teachings of the Church.
- The opportunity to develop a Christian worldview and lifestyle.
- The understanding of the practices of ministry.
- The encouragement to commit to lifelong development and ministry.
Associate of Christian Ministry Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Associate degree, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of the content and teachings of Scripture.
- Articulate an understanding of basic Christian doctrines from a Pentecostal perspective.
- Evidence a knowledge of Christian tradition and practices.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the fundamentals and practices of ministry.
- Articulate a basic Christian worldview and lifestyle.
- Evidence growth and development in spiritual discipline.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong enrichment.
Associate of Christian Ministry Graduation Requirements
Currently, TNIU offers one Graduation Date each year in May. To graduate with the Associate of Christian Ministry degree, the student must:
- Successfully complete a minimum of 60-semester credits of coursework, including required courses, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Complete any outstanding homework and fulfill any past due financial obligations to TNIU.
- File the Graduation Application during the Fall Semester (typically Sept-Dec), preceding the May graduation, before participation in graduation ceremonies will be considered. For more detail, please see the Graduation Requirements section in the Catalog.